Last updated: March 2018.
- About this Policy
- This Policy also sets out the rights that you have in relation to the Personal Data that we process about you and how you can exercise them.
- AGC treats compliance with its privacy obligations seriously. Therefore, we have developed this Policy, which describes the standards that AGC applies to protect Personal Data.
- For the purposes of this Policy, AGC Electronics America with registered office at 4375 NE 59th Ave, Hillsboro OR 97124 ("[AGC Electronics America] ", "us", "we", or "our" ) acts as the data controller for the Personal Data that is collected via the Website. As a data controller, AGC is responsible for ensuring that the processing of Personal Data complies with applicable data protection law, and specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- What Personal Data does the AGCEA website collect and why?
- The AGC Electronics website does not collect personal data from any visitor. No analytics tools are used to collect website visitor data of any kind.
- How we protect your privacy
- We will process Personal Data in accordance with this Policy, as follows
- Fairness: We will process Personal Data fairly. This means that we are transparent about how we process Personal Data and that we will process it in accordance with applicable law.
- Purpose limitation: We will process Personal Data for specified and lawful purposes, and will not process it in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Proportionality: We will process Personal Data in a way that is proportionate to the purposes which the processing is intended to achieve.
- Data accuracy: We take appropriate measures to ensure that the Personal Data that we hold is accurate, complete and, where necessary, kept up to date. However, it is also your responsibility to ensure that your Personal Data is kept as accurate, complete and current as possible by informing AGC of any changes or errors.
- Data security: We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the Personal Data that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Data.
- Data processors: We may engage third parties to process Personal Data for and on behalf of AGC. We require such data processors to process Personal Data and act strictly on our instructions and to take steps to ensure that Personal Data remains protected.
- International data transfers: Your Personal Data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located in The United States of America, and our group companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your Personal Data we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your Personal Data will remain protected in accordance with this Policy. These include implementing an intra-group data transfer agreement (the "Intra-Group Data Transfer Umbrella Agreement") based on the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of Personal Data between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect Personal Data they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law.
Our Intra-Group Data Transfer Umbrella Agreement can be provided on request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners.
- Data Retention: We retain Personal Data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- Your data protection rights
- You have the following data protection rights:
- If we have collected and process your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided above.
- If you have a complaint or concern about how we are processing your Personal Data then we will endeavour to address such concern(s). If you feel we have not sufficiently addressed your complaint or concern, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Linking to other websites
- The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of Personal Data you submit whilst visiting these websites.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
- Updates to this Policy
- We may update this Policy from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Policy, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Policy changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.